As summer holiday season is approaching, many of my friends and acquaintances asking me same questions. “I will be in Shanghai coming …, do you have any suggestions?” Here is my answer to you all
First of all, I strongly recommend not come to Shanghai during summer as you can seriously suffer by heat. However if it still has to be that way here is my recommendation
1. Lujiazui 陆家嘴: All the famous skyscrapers here as this is Financial district in Pudong. <Metro line 2 Lujiazui station>
2. The Bund (waitan外滩): After seeing huge buildings, cross over the river and enjoy view @ the Bund. Can use either taxi or boat. Also night view is awesome here!
8. Xintiandi (新天地): shopping, bar, cafe and nightlife area where loved by chinese and expat people, since the place has European feeling. <metro line 10 Xintiandi station>
9. Taixang street (泰康路 or also know as Tianzifeng田子坊) : arty street. It became very commercial place now but still interesting place to visit. Will see many of Chinese arts, photographs, crafts and stuff e.t.c. I always get lost here. < metro line 9 Dapuqiao station>
10. Xujiahui (徐家汇): This is shopping heaven for men! Most of computer and related gadget shopping center is concentrated here. <metro line 1 or 9 Xujiahui station>
10 are enough for about 3 days in Shanghai. For more it’s best to buy travel guide books. As Shanghai is fast growing city, I recommend you to buy real updated book.
- Metro stop running around 10pm.
- Even in the summer, long sleeve shirts are useful as metro and inside of buildings will be cold due to air conditioning. you don’t want to catch a cold during holiday right?
- Do not drink water from the tap!!
- Try not to go sightseeing during Rush Hour. You will know why…..gheheh
- Carry personal tissue, you won’t find any from most of public toilet here